Activating Android phones on the Oakwood Citrix MDM server
These directions will guide an email enabled user through activating their Android smart phone on the Oakwood Citrix MDM server. If you have WiFi available, connect to it before starting this process. If not, make sure you’re in an area with good cell reception.
**Please note, different Android phones may have slightly different looking menus than the screenshots in this document**
- From the Home screen, select the Play Store icon.
- In the Play Store, search for Citrix Secure Hub. Once found, select the app and press Install
- When the app finishes installing, select Open
- Select OK on the prompt requesting permission to move forward
- Select Allow for the next 3 prompts that appear
- Enter your Oakwood e-mail address and select Next
- Enter in your Corp username and password and press Next.
**DO NOT ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, ONLY ENTER YOUR USERNAME**
- Choose Activate on the Device administrator prompt.
- You will now be prompted to create and confirm a 4 digit PIN code for Secure Hub. This is required for access to the Secure Suite of applications.
- Depending on your device model/software, you may receive the following prompt. Select the acknowledgement checkbox and press Confirm.
- If your device did not previously have a lock code/pattern, you will be prompted to create one. This is required.
- You will now be taken to the My Apps screen of Secure Hub. Click the Add apps from Store link.
- Once in the Store, each app will need to be individually installed. Select Secure Mail and on the next screen select Add
Note: Secure Mail, Secure Web (allows links to be opened in emails), and QuickEdit (allows attachments to be opened in emails) should all be installed.
Secure Tasks and Secure Notes apps are optional, these sync up your respective Tasks and Notes in Outlook)
- You will then be re-directed to the PlayStore to install the app, select Install. The app will then download and install from the PlayStore. Once it’s done installing, select Open and enter your Secure Hub PIN. Once in Secure Mail, enter your network password then hit Sign In at the top right
- You will then be taken into Secure Mail with a few informational screenshots. Swipe through the screenshots to view the new changes or hit Skip if you feel confident. Hit Enter Secure Mail if you read through the screens.
- After Secure Mail is installed, you can then go back to Secure Hub and install Secure Web using the same sequence—Add through the Store then Install in PlayStore.
Note: You do not need to open Secure Web after it installs.
- Follow the same sequence for QuickEdit.
Note: You do not need to open QuickEdit after it installs.
- As mentioned previously, Secure Tasks and Secure Notes are optional apps. If you’d like to utilize them, follow the same sequence to install both apps as well.
If you do decide to install Secure Tasks, please note that you will need to hit Allow when it asks to sync with your Exchange account
Please visit the Secure Mail Tips document for additional information on the app.