Activating iPhones on Oakwood Citrix MDM Server
These directions will guide an email enabled user through activating their Apple iPhone on the Oakwood Citrix MDM server. If you have WiFi available, connect to it before starting this process. If not, make sure you’re in an area with good cell reception.
**These instructions were created using iOS 11.4, details may vary slightly depending on which iOS you are using and may change in the future**
- From the Home Screen, open the App Store.
- In the App Store, search for Citrix Secure Hub. Once found, select the download option (cloud symbol) and Open after it is installed.
- Enter Your Oakwood e-mail address and select Next.
- Enter in your Corp username and password and pressNext.
***Note: Enter just your username and NOT your email address***
- After a few seconds, you’ll receive the following series of screens. Select Allow on the first prompt then select Install. Enter your phone’s passcode when prompted.
- Select Done.
- Select Allow for the next prompt then Install for the following prompts. Enter phone’s passcode when prompted.
- Select Trust and then Done.
- Select Open
- You will now be prompted to create and confirm a 4 digit pin code for the Secure Hub programs. This is required for access to the Secure Hub Suite of applications. You may also get prompted to create a passcode for the phone if you don’t already have one
- Select an option when prompted to allow Secure Hub access to your location.
- You will then be prompted to add VPN Configurations, click OK then Allow and enter your phone’s passcode when prompted
- You will now be prompted to install the Secure Hub applications (Secure Web, Secure Mail, and Quick Edit). Select Install on all the prompts.
**Both Step 12 and 13 will occur at the same time. There will be several pop ups appearing at the same time. Please make sure you pay attention to which prompt is showing and make the selections shown in these steps**
- Once the apps have finished installing, open Secure Mail. You will be prompted to authorize the app. Select Authorize.
- 15. When you are taken back to Secure Mail, enter your current network password in the Password field.
You can select the amount of mail you want sync’d to your phone by changing the Sync Mail Period here (Default is 3 days).
Press Sign On.
- You will then be prompted to make a selection to allow notifications, this is up to you.
- You will then be taken into Secure Mail with a few informational screenshots. Swipe through the screenshots to view the new changes or hit Skip if you feel confident. Hit Enter Secure Mail if you read through the screens. Your email may take a little while to fully synchronize.
- (Optional Apps) Secure Tasks and Secure Notes are optional apps. If you’d like to utilize them, open Secure Hub, hit the menu button at the top left and select Store. You will see Secure Notes and Secure Tasks in the store, select the one you want to install and hit Add. After about 30 seconds, you should then be prompted to install the app you selected. Once you open the app you will need to Authorize as you did with Secure Mail and enter your same network password.
Please visit the Secure Mail Tips document for additional information on the app.